Growing up, my next door neighbors were Indian. Living next door to them was pretty amazing. Mrs. Browne made the most incredible biryani and curries. You could smell spices and whatever she was cooking from all the way down the street. We would go over to her house on Christmas Day (and still do!), she would cook up a storm, and my family would look forward to it for months. I went to India for the first time in 2011. That wasn’t that long ago, but I’ve already been back three more times. I love India. I love the food, the culture, the colors, the overwhelmingness of scents and sites. Yes, I just made up the word overwhelmingness, because that’s exactly what it is! I shot my first wedding in India, in Hyderbad in 2012. Needless to say, it is one of my absolutely favorite wedding experiences.
So… this year, I’m doing an Indian Wedding Giveaway that can be anywhere in the world! Yup, that’s right!! I’d love to hear from you about why you think you would love to have me shoot your wedding. Here’s what you have to do to enter: Send me an email (link in profile )with your names, your wedding date and location, a little bit about your plans, and why you would love for me to be a part of your celebration! All entries must be received by April 1, 2018 and the winner will announced April 14!!! Terms and conditions are below.
Terms and Conditions:
- Your wedding must take place between July 2018 – June 2019
- Must be over 18 to enter
- Full wedding coverage includes the pooja ceremony, mehindi ceremony, the sangeet and the wedding day
- Wedding can take place anywhere in the world
- If the wedding is outside of New Orleans, the couple is responsible for travel fees including airfare, food, accommodations and car rental if necessary
- Travel arrangements will be made by Erika Parker Photography
- Wedding contract must be taken care of within 2 weeks of notification
- The couple cannot already have a contract with another photographer
- Last day to submit your wedding story is May 1, 2018
- Additional products such as prints and albums are available at an added cost
- By entering the contest, you warrant that all the information provided is true and accurate
I can’t wait to hear your stories, and your amazing wedding plans!!